Black garden ants, also known as the common black ants are considered more of a nuisance when they enter into a home rather than a disease carrier. They can form colonies comprising a single queen and thousands of individual ants. This type of ants can pose a big problem for some gardeners and homeowners.
What are black ants attracted to?
- In farms - they eat sweet foods like ripe fruits especially fruits like strawberries that lack a thick protective skin. They can also be seen farming honeydew farms around the gardens and vegetations.
- In homes - black garden ants are a nuisance especially in the early summer months where they explore their surroundings quite extensively in an effort to increase their queen and her young’s food supply and also as a way of testing new ground for the nest's next summer flight. In some cases, these explorations are done by burrowing through mortar and brick and can cause extensive destruction to the house structure.
How can you keep the ants away?Ants are especially attracted to sweet, sticky substances; therefore, ensure that there are no readily available food sources in your home by;
- Always covering the food.
- Clear food and liquid spillages immediately.
- Tightly seal all rubbish bins.
- Clear away from pet’s food as soon as its done.
How are black garden ants removed when they invade?A wide range of DIY products are readily available to kill black ants such as ant sprays, ant powders and ant killer gels. DIY products only deal with smaller garden ant problems.
For an established black ant problem however, you will want to consider hiring the services of a professional pest controller to ensure that the problem does not occur again.
Why only a professional pest controller should remove black garden antsWhen the black garden ants’ invasion gets out of control, only professional pest control services are recommended to deal with the pest problem or to get rid of the ants.
Avon Pest Control Ltd understands the habits of each ant species and has a range of powerful insecticides to deal with them and leave you with the reassurance that the problem has been fully dealt with.
Our services are fast, effective and also offer the highest level of safety for you, your family and even your pets if any.
Give us a call to book an appointment or visit
http://www.avon-pestcontrol.co.uk/pestControl/antsAndBedbugs/ for more information.